Monday, February 08, 2010

Homemade Seafood Ravioli

M and I had a delicious dinner on Saturday at Ristorante Fratello located in the Willow Glen neighborhood of San Jose. This Italian restaurant got good reviews on Yelp, is fairly close by, and has many reasonably priced menu options. When we arrived, we were a bit taken aback by the restaurant's location (strip mall) and the very apparent lack of dedicated host/hostess which leads to guests aimlessly milling about just inside the entrance. Fortunately we got past these minor idiosyncrasies and enjoyed a very pleasant meal.

There are several homemade pasta options on the menu, including my entree of choice: Ravioli Mare, a sumptuous blend of crab, shrimp, and sole-stuffed pasta served with a sauce of shrimp, asparagus, and fresh cherry tomatoes.

It occurs to me that pasta (stuffed or otherwise) is not something that I've ever attempted "from scratch" and I am entertaining the idea of trying this out in the coming weeks. Update to follow (I promise).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home